


We finally into Greensboro around 11:15pm after being delayed in Chicago. We got to spend extra time in Chicago with the Teague's and Welborne's because their flights were delayed also. It was so hard to say good-bye to everyone in Guangzhou, Beijing and Chicago. We had become family and been through so much together. We had a wonderful greeting at the airport from friends and some family. Andrew was making new friends fast and furious and flirting with all the girls there! Finally made home around midnight and to bed at around 1:30 Saturday morning. Boy, did our Tempurpedic mattress feel so good! Andrew has not been sleeping as well as he did in China. He's probably getting used to his home and routine here and still grieving all that is left behind in His China. He used to sleep in a room with other children and now has to sleep in a room by himself. Last night was finally a better night and he took a nap this afternoon. Yeah! That Mama could take a short one as well. :) He seems to be adjusting fairly well and continues to enjoy his oatmeal and grits. He scarfed down some scrambled eggs tonight and even ate some dried cranberries and raisins earlier today. We're really trying to get a routine down for his and our benefit!
We went by my work on Monday and Tuesday. Boy is he a big flirt! Tuesday afternoon, we took him by Kevin's old job so they could meet him. That's where he picked up Scott's putter and started hitting golf balls in the office. Watch out Dad and Papa. He'll be ready to take you on soon. He's really enjoying his surroundings and loves his mega blocks and the little popcorn popper toy that's been in the family for a long time. You know all the things that make lots of noise! LOL! He's even enjoying bath time now. Still not fond of tooth brushing time. That's a real fight.
We took him to the pediatrician Monday. He got 4 immunizations and his finger pricked. He was not a happy camper. :( Dr. Miller called us back on Tuesday and told us she does not feel he is Hepatitis B +. Praise the Lord! After reviewing his lab work and immunization records, she feels the lab work is result of his vaccinations for Hepatitis B. That is a major answer to prayer!
Andrew and I went on our first shopping excursion together on Tuesday. Poor guy was worn out from visiting and shopping. I think I'm going to take him to the park in the morning with a friend and her children for our first play date. We'll have to see how he likes the park and the swing and slide, etc. Have to remember to pack the camera. The other picture I included is of my multi-tasking son. He was drinking from his sippy cup and dragging his blocks behind. He's exploring everything. He even managed to connect all 3 of the straps together on his high chair seat. Got them all snapped into place and correctly I might add! Am I a proud mom or what?! When I realized what he had done, I disconnected them and watched to see if he would go do it again and he did. He even did it for his Dad when he got home.
I have a few prayer requests. I included a picture of Abby Grace. She is Jennifer and Sean Mitchell's adopted daughter. She has cleft lip and palate and had been diagnosised with a heart murmur in China. They did a heart catheterization on her today. One of her ventricles did not completely open when she was born and she has a hole in her heart. They will be doing heart surgery on her tomorrow at MUSC to repair both. Please be in prayer for them. Micah is doing better. We got word that all his mouth ulcers had healed and he's eating and running around now. They feel like his vision may not be as bad as previously anticipated. All the kids have been having sleep issues so far. So that's another request for them and their very tired parents.
Andrew goes to see Dr. David at Baptist on Tuesday of next week. Hopefully, she'll tell us when we will be doing his first surgery (closing the cleft lip). All of us have felt your prayers and we greatly appreciate them previously and now. God has truly blessed us. Our cup runneth over.
Happy Birthday to my dear sweet husband, Kevin, tomorrow (4/18). His birthday as a new dad!
He says Andrew is the best birthday present ever! He doesn't need anything else. Of course, I did get a card from me and his first one from his son, Andrew!
God Bless you all. In His Mighty Grip,
Lisa
PS-Have to go get some sleep while I can. Hopefully, he'll sleep through the night for the first time since we got home. ;)




1 comment:
Just caught up on all your posts. It was wonderful reading how God answered prayers throughout your trip - travel mercies, paperwork, and most importantly, connecting with Andrew. Hope that I will get to see you all soon and can give your sweetie a big hug. I love babies, being especially partial to boys. Happy Birthday, Kevin!!!! DeLonda
Post a Comment