Monday, April 7, 2008

Paperwork Party/Medical exam/Shopping on Shamian Island

Wow! There was a lot of consulate paperwork to do. I think it took about 2 hours. Kevin took care of Andrew while I went to the conference room with other parents to do paperwork. Boy, does he owe me! :) Andrew's definitely worth the pain of it. It really wasn't that bad. Kevin gave Andrew a bath (which did go better today)  and wore him out. He took a 2 hour nap and we had to wake him up for lunch before we left for his medical exam. He weighed in at 21.6 lbs and was 32 inches long. Doesn't sound that heavy but sometimes I feel like he's a heavy sack of potatoes when he starts squirming! Medical visit wasn't that bad or long. The looked at his ears externally, looked in his mouth and checked his nose, checked out his "plumbing", listened to his heart and lungs, took temperature, height and weight and we were out of there. We ran in to Andrew's little friend, Natalie (Feung Yu) from the orphanage again today. 
After the exam, we continued shopping on the island and of course, we went to Starbuck's again! Shopping is fun! Boy, was it hot! Nora, I looked like you when you get hot. The back of hair was soaking wet! 
I think we're finally through paying all the fees! Yeah! Except for the post-adoption reports and re-adoption so we will have a local birth certificate. Little man ran all over the room exploring when we got back. After we got back from dinner, he ran some more and then got really ornery! We figured it out! He was wiped out! I think the heat really zapped him today. He just crashed in the blink of an eye! He hasn't moved an inch since we laid him down about an hour ago.
Tomorrow we are going to a park and whatever else we want to do. Not sure what that will be yet. It's 9pm and I think  we're going to bed soon. Andrew woke up at 6 this morning and wouldn't go back to sleep until I got in the shower and Kevin was watching him. Wednesday is our consulate appointment and then on Thursday we go to swear before them that we will take very good care of Andrew, etc. Friday, we head home!!!!!!!!!!
See ya tomorrow, here at least! Love to all.
PS- Please be praying for Roy and Debra Larson's little boy, Micah. He has been sick for several days now and is not eating or drinking. They took him to the hospital today for the second time since they got him. He has infected tonsils according to the ENT doctor who did his medical exam today. We think he needs IV fluids but they were just watching him. Haven't heard anything else lately. Will let you know. Please keep all the parents and their children in your prayers. Just about all of them and some of the parents have gotten sick on this trip. Also, please continue to pray for attachment and adjustment and grieving for all the kids and parents. 
In His Grip,
Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, now you know how I feel when I'm hot!! LOL! I got you a stack of papers that you'll need for the local adoption process.Our office has them all together in packets ready to fill out and file. Figured it would save you a step. Sounds like "Drew" is running you guys ragged....just the beginning! :) We continue to keep ya'll in our prayers. We Love You.
Gary, Nora, Nicole & Logan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the bonding is coming along very well. We are so happy for all three of you. Hope your family stays well. You'll be in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing you soon. We Love You,
Mom & Dad