Saturday, September 20, 2008

Andrew finally meets his Nebraska Grandparents!



Andrew finally got to meet his Grandpa John and Grandma Nancy (Kevin's folks) on September 10 in the Raleigh-Durham airport! I had to work so I wasn't present for the sweet union! Kevin said when he pointed to his folks, Andrew took off running and gave them great big hugs! They have been a joy to have. We last saw them in February when we went out for a short visit. We had our RA at that time but not our TA. We knew we would be traveling to China soon to pick up their new grandson. Time flies when you're having fun and are so blessed! They have really enjoyed playing  with him and reading to him. Grandma Nancy taught him how to crunch ice! She was crunching some and he decided he wanted to try it! The last picture is all of us except Grandma Nancy at Mimi's Cafe the last night they were here. We had asked Kevin's, aunt and uncle, Nancy and Elroy, to join us. Elroy is Grandpa John's little brother and they live here in Greensboro. Andrew played the piano or should I say banged on the keys while Grandma Nancy played and sang. She really enjoyed the extra company at the ivories. Grandpa enjoyed playing with Andrew as he played with his train and trucks. Thanks for all you helped us to do while you were here and for letting us sleep in on Monday morning! It was the first time we had slept so late in a very long time, pre-Andrew if I remember correctly! We love you guys! We look forward to Andrew meeting his Uncle Gene, Kevin's big brother, in October! Hopefully, we'll make it out to Nebraska before too long so Andrew can meet more family and all our wonderful friends there! Go Huskers for football that is! Don't tell my Dad, he might have a fit! He knows I'll always be Carolina Blue, thru and thru. So Huskers will have to stand aside if Carolina ever plays them! For a Tarheel, I will always be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: