We're finally here! What a long day! We've been up 27.5 hrs with only mini-cat naps. Travel went smoothly for us today. We got to the airport early and were given the opportunity to take an earlier flight. The plane was already there, so we took it. Otherwise we would've had a fairly tight connection in Chicago. Sorry, we missed those of you who were going to meet us. We tried to get word out to you. Two families in our travel group missed their connection in Chicago and will not make it here until the morning. It was snowing in Chicago when we took off so hopefully they will not have any problems leaving. Our hearts were broken for these families. I think I would've balled if it had happened to us.
We checked into our hotel, Guanxi Hotel, gone to the grocery store to get bottled water and are now waiting for Pizza Hut pizza for dinner before we crash. After breakfast in the am, we leave at 8:30 for sightseeing. We're going to the the Forbidden City, Tian'anmen Square, and the Great Wall. Our guide Amy said we would not get back to the Hotel until 8:30 tomorrow night. We're pretty tired so, going to sign off for now. God bless. 2 days til Andrew!!
PS: Sorry if this message is disjointed or misspelled.
Lisa
6 comments:
Hey Lisa & Kevin!
We are so thankful that you arrived safely in China! That is wonderful news! Glad you got to take the earlier flight too.
Hope you enjoy touring around town knowing that your long patient wait for Andrew is almost OVER!!! YAHOO!!!
We are looking forward to seeing the family photo SOON!!
Love,
Karen & Jamie
so glad to see you arrived!
and I've been in your travel companions shoes, only we had problems with 4 flights...and were denied the chance to board our flight to Beijing due to a mistake on the airline's part. I did bawl. I broke down...but we'd been up for over 24 hours at that point as well.
They will get there, a little worse for the wear, but overjoyed. :) I remember how HAPPY I was to be in China and meet everyone.
have a GREAT time!
Yea, I'm so happy that you arrived safetly and on time!! Please take plenty of pics for me. I know I will never get the chance to see China myself. Take care of yourselves, ok?
tommiann
Hey guys,
Glad to hear you arrived safely. Please take lots of pictures. Not only will we want to see them, but they will become precious memories of Andrew's heritage that ya'll will share with him in the years to come. We anxiously await your updates! Take care and God bless.
Love,
Gary, Nora, Logan & Nicole
Dear Lisa and Kevin,
Relieved you got there safely. Hope everything goes well. We look forward to seeing all three of you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers on Sunday when you meet Andrew. Be sure to tell him how much he is loved and how excited we are to meet him. Our love is with you. You are bathed in prayer. Hurry home!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Lisa & Kevin,
It was good to hear you arrived in China ok. Hope you got some rest. We continue to cover your journey in prayer. This is such and exciting time in your lives.
Love,
Mike, Becky, Danielle & Amanda
Post a Comment