Saturday, March 29, 2008

Long Day in Beijing

Was cool and misty today in Beijing. Definitely glad I brought my ski jacket, cuddle duds, and winter hat! It was bone chilling! We went to Tian'anmen Square, Forbidden  City and the Great Wall today. We slept fairly well even though it was like sleeping on a board. Breakfast was at around 7:15 and then to the lobby to get on the bus for touring. The rest of the gang got here this am after missing their flight yesterday. The Forbidden City was huge. It covers 72 hectares and is very ornate. I can't even to begin to remember all the names of the different gates. Got to experience the squatty potties today when we were out and about. 
It was so foggy at the Great Wall. You couldn't see very far at all. It had snowed and was still had light snow falling while we were there. Didn't go very far climbing the wall. Was not cleared well and was very slick. It was slick enough going uphill and new it would be even worse coming back down! Didn't want to wind up having bones set in a Chinese hospital! Sharon came back from her climb with a wet bottom from where she slid down  and almost took her son out in the process! She showed us the video she was taking when she fell. She was laughing the whole time!
Ate roasted duck tonight along with other Chinese food. We've eaten Chinese for 2 meals today. I'm so tired right now I can't type 2 words without yawning! We're  too tired to even think about downloading and posting pictures right now. Will try to within the next 2 days. We go to the Summer Palace tomorrow, have lunch and then fly to Lanzhou to pick up Andrew tomorrow evening. Yipppeee! Life definitely changes as we know it tomorrow evening! No more selfishness allowed. We have to have our luggage packed and outside the door by 7:30 in the morning. So, it off to pack and go to bed. Love to you all. 
Lisa and Kevin



7 comments:

tommiann said...

Thanks for sharing what you saw...I didn't realize how slick the Wall is...my mom's dream is to run on it before she dies. I will have to tell her how difficult that would be. Give Andrew hugs for me ok?
tommiann

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and Kevin! Thanks for sharing your joy! We can't wait to see and hug Andrew. Love from all of us in SC- Jim, Laura, John, David and Nora

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa and Kevin,

As you hold Andrew for the first time, know that your tears of joy and laughter are shared by those who love you. We ask Gods blessings for your little family. Treasure each moment. We are so ready to have you home.

Love, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa and Kevin,
You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. When you meet Andrew tomorrow, give him hugs and kisses form his uncle, aunt, and cousins.
Hugs and kisses for both of you, too.
XOXOXO's
Gary, Nora, Nicole and Logan

Roberta said...

I can't wait to meet the little guy! Yes, he has an beautiful smile! What a precious blessing for you AND for him (he is being blessed with totally awesome parents)!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Roberta

Roberta said...

I can't wait to meet the little guy! Yes, he has an beautiful smile! What a precious blessing for you AND for him (he is being blessed with totally awesome parents)!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Roberta

tommiann said...

I saw you with your son on another blog site..CONGRATULATIONS...I am crying in joy and happiness for you,
I love you,
tommiann