



As you can see the hall is still a popular place to be. The rooms really aren't big enough to do any thing with us and all our luggage in the room. So, everybody moves out to the hall and socializes. We also leave are doors open a lot and run around and gab. Madi is using Fireman Dan and a cowboy puppet to play with Andrew. (Madi is Sharon's oldest daughter.) Andrew threw his first temper tantrum at breakfast. He was through eating and starting using chop sticks to sling food and cheerios all over the table and floor. We took the sticks away and he started. He started throwing his cheerios and other near by food so Kevin got him and took him for a walk and on up to the room. I don't think he was feeling very well then. After breakfast, we headed to the big square (with the Teagues' where people exercise, dance and socialize. You can also see people performing martial arts exercises in the square. After being sufficiently stared at we headed to the indoor mall to look for shoes for Hudson. We bought a sippy cup for Andrew and a few groceries for lunch and headed fast. That afternoon he started running a low grade temp and had a cough. He was starting to be more clingy at times. Our group went to the water wheel park along the Yellow River and to another park where there is a statue of Mother River and her child. While there we crossed the first bridge in Lanzhou to cross the Yellow River and the 2nd oldest in China to cross it. Our guide Megan is in the lower picture with Kevin and Andrew. On the other side of the river we say quite a few Buddist and Daoism monastaries and an Islamic mosque right beside it. It's so sad to think about so many lost people. Please pray for all the lost here in China. The next stop was the sports park along the river. Mark and Jordan joined in on a game of basketball at the park. We spent about an hour hanging out. That's where you see us sitting with the river in the background. AHHHHH! The last picture will be of a little girl we made friends with. You'll see her from the back side. Just a quick look at the infamous split pants! These pics will be on the next post.When we got back to the hotel we took Andrew's temp again. It was up to 104! That's the other first. It is so hard to see your son feeling so bad and feeling so helpless!:( You all know that of course who have children. It was so new for us. We gave him infant motrin and put him in cool tub. Our MD had given us an antibiotic to start if we needed it. So that's what we did. He probably has an ear infection. We're also trying to keep him hydrated. His poor little checks were so rosey. My heart was broken. He was balling as I had tears running down my face. Kevin and I were praying and sent out emails for prayers. This is hard enough at home but to be in a foreign country and in a hotel and not know the language or have your own doctor near by is another story! I'm a seasoned ICU nurse but I haven't done pediatrics since I graduated from school in 1982. I was scared! It was going to be along night. I already had very little sleep the night before because he was coughing. And now, I have a scratchy throat and probably a little dehydrated. Kevin's being great help and the Mitchell's and Teague's have been so supportive. God thank you for all that you have placed before us and I know you will help us through it. You have placed great friends around us here. They are like family we've had forever. Thanks gabby girls and families. Thanks to all of you who are keeping us constantly lifted up through this process and all your notes of encouragement. ( As you can figure out I've caught this up on 4/3 while Andrew is sleeping.)




No comments:
Post a Comment