


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 28-31
Wednesday and Thursday nights were really hard. We had not gotten much sleep since he woke us up at 3 am early Wednesday am before surgery. I think we may have had 6-7 hours of sleep since then. My soul was tired and weary. I was comforting him the best I could and sometimes we know we just aren't enough. Kevin brought me up some coffee and breakfast. I went out to the lobby and ate and drank. The Lord brought the above scripture to my mind while I was out there. I began to fell refreshed.
When I got back I checked Leslie's blog to see how Susannah was doing. They just got back from China. Susannah was in the hospital when Leslie and Charlie got to China to pick her up. She was very sick and needs surgery real soon. She had a heart cath on Friday and will be having open heart surgery on Tuesday morning the 30th. Please be in prayer for her and the Irwin's and their sons. Getting back to Leslie, I was so touched by her entry. She had been reading Psalm 139 and God also used that scripture to touch my soul. Leslie has such a heart for God and God has given her a real gift of expressing herself. He has used her to reach others for Him. She has non-believers looking at her blog and hopefully will begin to ask questions . My soul was definitely refreshed and I was renewed with energy. (Check out their blog for more details. Click on the button that says "Praying for Susannah"). Thank you Lord for all the prayers lifted up for us and for the Irwins.
Andrew's is starting to be and look more like is busy, playful self. He's been waking the halls, riding in the wagon and driving the little police car around. He found his freedom this morning when they disconnected his IV and just left it capped. He's been running in the halls and riding around the room. We found the resource room and sat and read a few books while we were oiut and about. We still don't know if we're going home yet. He's not quite eating 75% of his normal. We're giving it a few more hours to see. He's definitely not hurting as much. We probably can go to plain tylenol today. Please continue to pray for the eating and drinking and some rest for us all. We also need wisdom in caring for him. Saturday night was a much better night. He only woke up a couple of times. Yeah!
We continue to pray for all our AWAA families and their children, those who continue to wait to get their children and referrals and all those children who wait for their forever families. We also pray for Andrew's Chinese parents who gave him up.




No comments:
Post a Comment