Friday, April 4, 2008

Better day!

Praise the Lord for His mighty works for He is worthy of all glory, honor, and praise! We lift His name on high! As I sit here typing with one hand, I'm trying to keep my inquisitive son away from the keyboard!  As you can tell he is beginning to feel a little better. The highest his fever has been today is 101.  At least it is more of a low grade temp now. We just may be turning a  corner. Yeah! He scarfed up a big bowl of maple brown sugar oatmeal this morning and finally drank some milk again. Still using a dropper to get it in. He's still taking long naps which has allowed us to rest some in between.
Andrew ate his first piece of chocolate and loved it. He really is part of the family! We packed our suitcases this afternoon. Still have a few things to throw it but they should be ready to go downstairs at 9:30 tonight. We're going stir crazy.  I got my shower and went down to breakfast with the group while Kevin stayed with Andrew. Then he went to lunch and I stayed in the room. Kevin also went and had a foot massage this afternoon. He really loved that.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and comments. We talk to you next in Guangzhou. Will be a early morning. Have to be in lobby ready to go at 5:30 in the morning. We have a long day tomorrow. We think we have our Chinese medical visit for Andrew tomorrow and the paperwork party for our the consulate and Andrew's visa. Said could take a few hours.
Talk at ya tomorrow. Love to all!

5 comments:

tommiann said...

Prais the LORD!!! I'm so glad that his temp is coming down. I kept thinking and praying for you guys. I'm glad you got some rest; what a relief! Thank you for keeping us updated...I worried all day.
tommiann

Cheri said...

Kevin and Lisa, we are praying for Andrew to get better! We are another fellow AWAA parent.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers have been answered!!! So glad the little man is getting better. You're definately bringing the right child home if he's a chocolate lover! :) I know ya'll are tired...just keep thinking of home and how many of us are thinking of you and praying for everything to go smoothly. We love you,
Gary,Nora,Nicole & Logan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We are so happy that Andrew is better. Hope your scratchy throat is better now, too. Is Kevin staying well? Papa said to get a cheap set of golf clubs for Andrew while you're there. We just went out and ate western food for you, including a hershey brownie for desert. Wasn't it delicious? LOL We continue to pray for you all.
Much Love,
Mom and Dad

amorisa said...

Glad Andrew is on the mend. I will pray for continued healing and health for all of you. I was sick through our whole trip, not fun.
Hope you are able to get more rest and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Amorisa